Folk Dance Federation of California, South, Inc.
[ Home | About | Albums | Articles | Associates | Books | Calendar | Clubs | Dances | History |
| Insurance | Links | Membership | Officers | Photographs | Publications | Statewide | Syllabi | Teachers ]
Click a green link!
Bands, Musicians, and Singers
- Tom Bozigian Middle Eastern Orchestra La Mirada, California. Tom Bozigian leads a folklore orchestra which has produced numerous recordings.
- John Bilezikjian, Oudist Laguna Hills, California. A master Oudist who has elevated this instrument to the concert stage and continues to perform as a folk musician.
- Chookasian Armenian Concert Ensemble Fresno, California. John has been playing Armenian and Middle East folk music for over 35 years.
- Chubritza International Folk Band Arcata, California. Balkan and international folk music played on traditional instruments
- Kitka Women's Vocal Ensemble Oakland, California. This group is dedicated to developing new audiences for music rooted in Balkan, Slavic, and Caucasian women's vocal traditions.
- Nevenka East European Folk Ensemble North Hollywood, California. Ian Price, 818-216-4459, directs this group presenting folk dance music and songs from Bulgaria and Macedonia.
- Veselba Los Angeles, California. This band is in the groove with international music and singing.
- Zhena Folk Chorus San Pedro, California. This group proudly presents a unique array of lovingly crafted presentations for your special events.
Boots and Shoes
- Anello & Davide, Ltd. London, England. The premier brand in dance boots and handcrafted shoes.
- Capezio Riverside Riverside, California. Jazz shoes, character shoes, flats, leotards, and tights.
- Shan Shoes Toronto, Ontario. Beautifully made Serbian opanke and other multicultural traditional dancing shoes.
- WorldTone Los Angeles, California. Lani Spear's premier destination for dance shoes.
Camps and Institutes
- American Dance & Music Week La Honda, California. Covering a wide range of family friendliness and coverage of dance and musical traditions.
- August Dance Camp Socorro, New Mexico. Offering world-class dance opportunities in the heart of beautiful New Mexico.
- Balkan Music & Dance Camp Mendocino, California. Sharing this extraordinary experience of friends who are passionate about celebrating the joy and diversity of Balkan dance and music.
- Barátság Hungarian Dance & Music Camp Fort Bragg, California. Preserves and disseminates cultural traditions of the Hungarian people.
- Camp Hess Kramer Malibu, California. Three days and two nights of folk dancing, arts and crafts, walks, and friendship.
- English Dance Week Aptos, California. Featuring an eclectic mix of dance, music, and singing workshops.
- Kolo Festival San Francisco, California. A two-day camp celebrating the Balkans and nearby countries.
- Lark Camp Mendocino, California. Music, song, and dance workshops in the Mendocino Woodlands.
- Mainwoods Camp Fryeburg, Maine. This camp offers ethnic festivities, wonderful people, friendly atmosphere, and incredible ethnic meals.
- Mendocino Woodlands Folklore Camp Mendocino, California. Spend a week in the Coastal Redwoods of the Northern California's Mendocino Woodlands.
- Mendocino Middle Eastern Music & Dance Camp Mendocino, California. Spend a week in the Coastal Redwoods of the Northern California's Mendocino Woodlands.
- New Mexico Folk Dance Camp Soccoro, New Mexico. August Folk Dance Camp has been offering world-class dance opportunities in the heart of beautiful New Mexico.
- Razzmatazz International Folk Music and Dance Camp Mendocino, California. Campers enjoy delectable meals and snacks and an atmosphere of joy, camaraderie, and celebration.
- Scandia Camp Mendocino Mendocino, California. Presents the opportunity to learn in depth about the folk music, dance, and cultural traditions of Scandinavia.
- Stockton Folk Dance Camp Stockton, California. Northern California's premier folk dance camp taking place every summer since 1948.
- Ti Ti Tábor Hungarian Dance Camp Gig Harbor, Washington. Offering a rich immersion experience into authentic Hungarian folk culture for adults and children alike.
- Folk Dance Music & Videos More than 3,000 folk dance tunes listed by alphabet or by country are downloadable.
- Richard Geisler's International Tunebooks Mendocino, California. Arrangements of folk, traditional, popular, and even classical music for recorders and other instruments.
- Folkdance Jukebox Las Vegas, Nevada. A laptop computer from Dick Killian that allows you to program all of your folkdance music. Does not support diacritics.
- Dick Oakes' International Folk Dance Resources Aurora, CO. Dick Oakes' information for dancers, teachers, musicians, and performers that includes dance notes, maps, song lyrics, teacher biographes, teaching tips, and more.
- Balkan Bazaar Greensboro, North Carolina. A wonderful attic of folk treasures to be discovered.
- Balkan Media Mannheim, Germany. Lots of Croatian music.
- BalkanFolk Sofia, Bulgaria. An online shop for folklore music, Bulgarian traditional instruments and costumes, souvenirs, books, and more.
- Ernst Licht Oley, Pennsylvania. A leading traditional German clothing company which offers full range of costumes inspired by the regional cultures of Germany.
- Festival Records Los Angeles, California. John Filcich has specialized in music of many lands, educational, and folk dance records.
- International Folk Rhythms, Ltd. Northbrook, Illinois. Music from around the world, ethnic dance videos, books, imported danceear, and more.
- Lark in the Morning Mendocino, California. Instruments, books, DVDS, informative articles, and more.
- Bourque-Moreau Associeés Folklore Productions Bossard, Québec. Offers a variety of services and products that include workshops, educational programs, books, recordings, and videos.
- Romanian Folk Costumes Bucuresti, Romania. Romanian blouses and costumes of Romania.
- Smithsonian Folkways Washington, DC. All recordings on the Smithsonian Folkways, Folkways, and other labels are available for sale.
- Surma, The Ukrainian Shop New York, New York. Come into Surma and spend some time in the old country.